Photo credit: www.pacifictattoo.co.nz
This is a photo of Leo Zuleta’s tattoo artistry. He is a Filipino American tattoo artist born in Maryland who I found out works at Spiral Tattoo in Ann Arbor.
I’ve always been interested in getting a Filipino tribal tattoo and I found his work, but it wasn’t until I saw his Wikipedia entry that I found out he actually resides where I live.
The truth is I’m not sure how I feel about getting such artwork on my body. I’ve always wanted that kind of ink, but I have to think a little more deeply about it. True tribal tattoos reflect on a culture and past. Do I feel connected to this past? Would I be some poser?
I do think they are beautiful aesthetically.
- adventureonlionturtleisland reblogged this from hakayoufaka
- xoxosig likes this
- hakayoufaka reblogged this from themakibaka
- hakayoufaka likes this
- scratchmybackpls likes this
- no-longer-a-lizard likes this
- edmundsmantes reblogged this from themakibaka
- kaylyngruber likes this
- monstar8 reblogged this from themakibaka and added:
- jrcabbat reblogged this from themakibaka
- themakibaka posted this